At Helios, we believe in providing a collaborative environment for thought leadership to thrive. In 2007, we decided to create a community of sharing by hosting the first Apollo Awards program to inspire Washington leaders on the impact employee development can make in an organization and the community.
What do the applications look like?
The application is broken into three parts. The first section asks questions regarding your organization’s demographics, which will then be used toward data collection and classification. The second part of the application will be judged by an independent selection committee and the content provided is what is considered for the Apollo Awards. The last part requires you submit items for a special Event Guide produced by SmartCEO and distributed to more than 10,000 executive readers in the Washington, DC area.
Helpful tips in filling out your application
- Remember, it’s not always about the employee development budget or the number of programs in place; it’s about the impact these programs make on your employees and ultimately, your organization.
- Be sure that you use the narrative portion to articulate the emotion and passion of your programs. Focus on the impact of a program and the details that bring them to life.
- Always use specific examples — this cannot be stressed enough, it is so important and helps the judges paint a picture of the impact of your program. While we want you to elaborate on your programs, do not get lost in details. Be concise, specific and informative in your answers.
- Tell your organization’s story and focus on key successes.
- Do not bury important differentiators within commentary about other less relevant points. Stick to what works and let that shine.
- The Selection Committee can give optional ‘discretionary’ points for applications with a compelling story, a unique community engagement initiative, or an amazing accomplishment — so don’t skip something just because you don’t think it’s your definition of the answer.
There are countless benefits for becoming a Helios Apollo Awards honoree. We hear time and time again that just going through the application process is of value to get a baseline understanding of your current programs. If you have any questions and would like to request a dedicated Apollo Champion to help you with the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Click here to view the application: http://www.helioshr.com/apollo-awards.