“Our managers seem to be spending too much time resolving employee conflict. We need help building stronger teams.”
How Helios Can Help
Performance Management Plan Design and Implementation:
Are you still using the same performance evaluation system you implemented ten years ago? Are you finding your employees and managers are failing to get their evaluations in on time- if at all? Helios helps you determine what is working and what needs work to then design and implement a solution customized to your organization. You will then be able to review the past performance of your employees while also focusing on future actions to encourage professional development.
An Integrated, Interactive Learning Approach
To tackle challenges managers face, it is critical to have learning framework that integrates all components of learning to the business strategy and culture. The learning framework must be interactive, designed to engage managers in practice and application using real-world situations to accelerate the transfer of learning to the workplace.
Leadership Development Training Suite:
- HR Basics – Risks & Regulations Respectful Workplace: In this module, participants learn about key employment regulations and how to identify and mitigate risk in these areas. Areas of focus include Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Civil Rights Act of 1991; Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA); Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Additionally, participants are introduced to personal liability for failing to take action when violations of a respectful workplace occur.
- Effective Communication and Conflict in the Workplace: In this module, participants learn the importance of strong communication in effectively managing people using a purpose and process approach. They learn how to plan to ensure communication goals are met. They gain tools to build collaboration and trust using sound communication methodologies. Participants will take a look at conflict in the workplace and will learn to assess how conflict drives behavior with teams and individuals. They will learn conflict handling and mediation techniques that can be readily transferred to the workplace.
- Coaching & Feedback: In this module, participants gain clear understanding and learn specific techniques to providing coaching and feedback to employees. They distinguish between types of feedback and how to use feedback as a motivator and a development tool. They learn tactics and techniques for preparing for and delivering coaching and/or feedback, using the IGROW and FOSA models.
- Managing Performance: In this module, participants learn how to apply principles of thorough performance management by setting clear SMART goals, collecting and compiling feedback, delivering feedback, and documenting feedback. They learn how to communicate clear expectations, gain alignment, and hold others accountable using techniques and step-by-step, repeatable methodologies.
- Situational Leadership: In this module, participants learn how to assess an individual’s readiness level in a particular role or function and apply the appropriate leadership approach accordingly. They learn best practices of what exceptional leaders do, as well as tools and methodologies for applying the right leadership style and approach at the right time. This session is highly interactive and requires a high level of engagement from participants.
- Bringing It All Together: In this module, participants will have the opportunity to use all of the skills they have learned by working through a series of scenarios that run through an employee’s lifecycle. Five scenarios will be examined and a robust conversation will ensure the information presented was internalized and will be usable for future workplace scenarios.
Employee Engagement & Culture Surveys:
The Helios team will evaluate your working environment to make an assessment of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the current values, norms and practices. Data will be compiled based upon an online survey, focus group discussions, and random phone interviews to identify and communicate where further opportunity for improvement or enhancement may exist. Such recommendations are based upon the strategic growth goals of the organization, which will be captured through the assessment process. The results of the study will outline an engagement plan of action that will prioritize the actions to be taken for improvement.