Affirmative Action Plans - Are you in compliance?
Are you doing business with the federal government? If so, you should be aware of the requirements mandated by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) for any company passing the 50/50 threshold. Companies providing services to the federal government with at least 50 employees and a minimum of $50,000 in federal contracts have 120 days to have a formalized affirmative action plan in place. Below is a check list to help ensure that your AAP program would pass an audit by the OFCCP.
OFCCP Compliance Review Checklist:
1. Do you have a formal written plan with analysis, established goals and progress to goals?
2. Are your goals reviewed by Executive Committee members and Department Heads?
3. Is your recruitment process documented and followed by all hiring managers?
4. Can you prove there is no adverse impact in your hiring process?
5. Are applicants tracked? Do you offer the opportunity for applicants to self-identify?
6. Are your open positions posted with state Job Service Offices?
7. Do your employment advertisements state EOE M/F/D/V?
8. Are your I-9 Forms in a binder, with current employees and terminated employees separated?
9. Is your employee relations environment monitored?
10. Are your vendors aware you are an AA Employer?
11. Is your community outreach documented?
12. Are signed EEO and AA policies posted?
If you are interested in learning more about how Helios HR can help you develop, execute and monitor an effective AAP, please contact Bridget Pulivarti via email at email@example.com or call her at 703-860-3882 x 118.