Best 7 Tips to Building an Attractive Company Social Presence
As the job market gets stronger, many job seekers have the luxury of being more selective when considering perspective employers. And as with any relationship, they are most likely to pursue the most attractive opportunity. That said, it is important from the start that companies make a good impression to attract top talent. Social media is an excellent way to establish a professional brand that might appear more attractive to a job seeker, and a variety of unlikely social sites like Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter have proven to be great marketing, communications, and company branding tools. However, those tools are as only as good as you make them.
Recently I had the opportunity to attend a webinar on a very similar topic hosted by Craig Fisher. From that presentation, I have compiled a list of the Best 7 Tips to Building an Attractive Company Social Presence:
- Start with a professional profile picture that other professionals can view and put a face with your name. Link your profile to your company page so that job seekers can also check the company out.
- Encourage your employees to talk about work via social media. Let them know that it is ok to use focused social media time to share your awesome company culture.
- Be more than a cardboard cutout who comes across as boring and uninteresting. Even on professional sites like LinkedIn, be slightly personal- sharing something that people can sink their teeth into about you as a person. People want to do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- Share pictures and videos that help tell a story about what it is like working for your company and with your team. Post pictures of co-workers, clients, the office, and things that really capture the company culture. By doing this, your candidate funnel becomes more targeted and people are better able to self-select into your organization.
- Post good content so that you can build a trust within your network. Post articles, career advice, and various things about social media like tips, tricks, and how to make better use of the tools.
- Be a great well-rounded resource on social media. Don’t just clog people’s timelines up with job opening after job opening.
- Utilize sites like Instagram and Pinterest to show your company’s real culture and work environment. Use hashtags and key words for good search engine optimization.
As the saying goes, “first impressions are lasting impressions”. Utilize these tips along with a variety of social media sites to promote a lasting personal and professional brand that is attractive to job seekers, potential employers, and prospective clients.