By: Administrator on June 17th, 2014
Helios CEO, Kathy Albarado, Named Executive Leader of the Year
Fairfax Chamber Announces 2014 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards Winners
Honors Community Leaders for Dedication & Vision that Created Vibrant Northern Virginia
Tysons Corner, Va. – The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce (Fairfax Chamber) today announced the winners of the 2014 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards. The awards were presented at the Chamber’s Annual Chairman’s Luncheon before a record-breaking audience of nearly 700 members of the business community, elected officials and other community leaders.
Presented across eight categories – Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Small, Mid-Size & Large Business), Executive Leader of the Year, Emerging Influential of the Year, Non-Profit of the Year, Sustainability Award (new) and Partnership Award (new) – the awards honor extraordinary business leadership and above-and-beyond corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Award recipients included:
• Northrop Grumman Corporation – Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Large Business)
• Acumen Solutions, Inc. – Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Mid-Size Business)
• Sev1Tech – Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Small Business)
• Kathy Albarado, President & CEO, Helios HR – Executive Leader of the Year
• Christina James, Vice President, BB&T Wealth – Emerging Influential of the Year
• Brain Injury Services – Non-Profit of the Year
• Walker’s Grille – Sustainability Award
• Cox Communications – Partnership Award
“We’re proud to honor these companies, non-profits and individuals, which embody the strong commitment to community common throughout Northern Virginia businesses,” said Fairfax Chamber President & CEO Jim Corcoran. “Through their leadership and corporate social responsibility efforts, they make meaningful contributions to the well-being of our community.”
The Lifetime Achievement Awards, selected by past Chamber chairs for lifelong dedication and service to the Chamber and Northern Virginia, were presented to Major General Carl H. McNair, Jr. USA (Ret.) and The Honorable Frank R. Wolf, United States House of Representatives.
The NOVAForward Award, which recognizes exceptional work to move Northern Virginia businesses and the community forward, was presented to Leo Schefer, (Ret.) President, Washington Airports Task Force. A NOVAForward Legacy Award was also presented to ExxonMobil for the legacy the organization leaves behind in Northern Virginia.
Outgoing Fairfax Chamber Chairman Mark Moore, EVP and Chief Lending Officer, John Marshall Bank presented awards for exemplary service to the Chamber over the past year. Recipients of this year’s Chairman Awards included:
• Rob Franklin, Co-founder, MorganFranklin
• Todd Rowley, Senior Vice President, Cardinal Bank
• Harry Klaff, Managing Director, JLL
• Katrina Matthews, Project Coordinator, JLL
• Greg Martinez, Senior Vice President, JLL
• Keith Switzer, President & CEO, INTEC Group, Inc.
• Gigi Escalona, Project Designer, INTEC Group, Inc.
Phil Panzarella, President & CEO of CPS Professional Services, LLC, was welcomed as the 2014-2015 Fairfax Chamber Chairman.
The Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards honor business leadership and above-and-beyond corporate social responsibility. The nominations period took place from January-March 2014, and finalists and winners were selected by an independent selection committee.
# # #
About Helios HR
Helios provides human capital management consulting, outsourcing, recruiting and employee benefit solutions to attract, retain, develop and engage an organization’s “core” – its people. For more information, visit www.helioshr.com.