RPO Vs. Contingent Recruitment: What's The Difference?
When you need to add to your current team, an HR outsourcing service can help you find the right people. But you'll find that companies often offer a number of different services, including things like Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and contingent recruitment.
Your HR partner will talk you through the available options, but here's a quick guide to what's involved in each.
What does RPO mean?
RPO stands for Recruitment, Process, and Outsourcing. An RPO partner will come in and help your team improve your existing recruitment procedure, increasing your chances of getting a quality hire for your vacancy.
RPO’s do not provide the same services or processes that a contingent search would offer. This concept not only enhances the external candidate experience and it is an extension of the recruitment process; the ‘arm’ of the internal HR team.
Additionally, here are just a few benefits an RPO can add to your organization:
- Candidate pool belongs to the organization; meaning the client owns the candidate database
- Employer branding
- Your consultant is your corporate recruiter and can build stronger candidate relationships
- Builds candidate pipeline for future hires
- Reduces time to fill
- Reduces cost per hire
- Data-driven (client can collect data that is provided by the consultant via applicant tracking systems)
- Provides a wealth of knowledge of best practices within the industry
- Provides detailed information about the company and the company culture to hire for the right fit
- Success based on actual work and placement
What does Contingent Recruitment mean?
Contingent recruitment means the recruiter is paid only upon successful completion of the “search assignment.” In a contingent search, the client can open this search to multiple agencies that will compete to find the best candidate to present.
With a contingent recruitment model:
- Less time is focused on search beyond basic recruiting
- Less time spent on quality vs. quantity
- Recruiter owns relationship/candidate pool
- Less data is provided and tracked
- Lower percentage fee of annual compensation
In summary, at Helios HR, we can provide a detailed tailored approach based specifically on your organization’s needs if outsourcing is the solution for you.
We have the ability with the Recruitment, Processing, and Outsourcing model to act as an extension of your HR Department which can not only significantly reduce the cost per hire, time to fill, and we have the ability to assign an RPO consultant either onsite or remote who is able to integrate with your culture specifically to hire for the right fit.
Alternatively, you can look at a Retained Search approach. A Retained Search consultant will work on a contingent recruitment basis, working with you to make sure you find talent for those hard-to-fill positions.
Want to talk more about building a winning team. Set up a no-obligation consultation call with Helios HR and find out more about RPO and contingent recruitment.